ManagedWay, a provider of cloud computing, fiber optic internet and colocation services, has opened its newest and what it claims is its most technologically advanced data center, a 45,000 sq-ft facility in Troy, MI., incorporating the latest advancements for business reliability, security and efficiency.
Robert Sanders, President of ManagedWay said:
After a dozen years in business, we’ve learned how to optimize data center performance. Our industry continues to grow, so we’re always looking for ways to enhance our network and bring additional capabilities to our clients. Our new data center keeps us at the very forefront of that growth and allows us to attract and service even the most demanding customers.
ManagedWay’s new data center features are:
- A steel/concrete raised floor rated for seismic zones and high load
- Two distinct utility feeds (providing four megawatts of power)
- Back-up diesel generators with 48 hours of run time
- 1,500 ton mechanical cooling plant (similar capabilities to what a shopping mall might use!)
- High power and cooling density
- Indoor truck well and loading dock (added convenience and security for installation and deliver)
- High security (Man traps, check points, cameras and two factor security)
- 100% Guaranteed uptime (like all ManagedWay facilities)
- SOC 2 Type II compliant (like all ManagedWay facilities)
“This data center is now the preeminent facility in Michigan, and will allow us to attract new and larger enterprise clients with superior service,” said Sanders.
ManagedWay owns and operates two colocation facilities and operates in ten data centers, collectively spanning tens of thousands of sq ft, in metro Detroit and Grand Rapids.