Kyvos Insights, a big data analytics company, today announced the general availability of its next major version of Kyvos – a scalable, self-service analytics solution designed to make big data lakes ready for BI analysts.
Building upon its native integration and support for the Hadoop platform, the new release incorporates enterprise-grade functionality to improve analysts access to the data lake, including advanced security support, improved performance and scalability, and integration with additional BI tools.
Wayne Eckerson, founder and principal consultant at Eckerson Group said:
Once you have all your data in the big data lake, the challenge lies in how your organization derives value from the data without sacrificing the security and performance of the analysis and results. Many companies turn to OLAP-on-Hadoop products once they discover that other approaches to big data analytics don’t work. The patent-pending solution from Kyvos Insights allows enterprises to create a BI consumption layer on their data lake, which enables business users to access and interact with their data in real time and perform their analysis more effectively at the speed-of-thought.
Key new features of Kyvos 2.0 highlighted by the company include:
- Row- and column-level security – Providing granular security down to the row and column level through the use of access controls, including support for strong authentication and single sign-on.
- Improved performance and scalability – Performance testing with Star Schema Benchmark data shows query times are on an average 100 times faster than native SQL queries on Hadoop.
- Zero footprint installation on Hadoop – Providing enterprises with the convenience and accessibility of compliance with any Hadoop infrastructure, with no changes required.
- Enhanced integration with cloud service providers, including expanded support for Amazon Web Services with the addition of the Simple Storage Service (S3) data source, which offers users a convenient, highly-scalable, reliable and low-latency data storage infrastructure. Kyvos is also available on Microsoft Azure HDInsight.
- Full integration to all major BI tools, including Business Objects, IBM Cognos, Microsoft Excel, Microstrategy, Tableau and TIBCO Spotfire.
- Custom visualization framework – Providing the ability to visualize data using custom graphics.
Kyvos says it will be demonstrating the capabilities of Kyvos 2.0 at the Hadoop Summit, taking place June 28-30 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California.